Andy Lamey teaches philosophy at the University of California, San Diego. His literary criticism has appeared in Studies in Canadian Literature, The New Republic and, under the editorship of John Metcalf, Canadian Notes and Queries.
Articles by Andy Lamey
- Critical Un-favourite (March 2017)
The irascible, brilliant, greatly underrated John Metcalf, and how we talk about CanLit
- Conflict Averse (October 2016)
Sarah Schulman’s Conflict Is Not Abuse: a fearless view of power, victimhood and the disappearance of personal accountability.
- Arguing for Open Borders (April 2014)
A review of The Ethics of Immigration, by Joseph Carens
- The Politics of Return (March 2012)
A review of No Return, No Refuge: Rites and Rights in Minority Repatriation, by Howard Adelman and Elazar Barkan
- The Thinking Man’s Marxist (June 2010)
A review of Why Not Socialism?, by G.A. Cohen