Peter Desbarats spent 30 years as a print and TV journalist before being appointed dean of journalism at the University of Western Ontario. Now retired, he was made an Officer of the Order of Canada in 2006. He can be reached by email at email@example.com.
Articles by Peter Desbarats
- The Peacekeeper as Racist (May 2004)
A review of Sherene Razack’s Dark Threats and White Knights: The Somalia Affair, Peacekeeping and the New Imperialism.
- Something Rotten (November 2004)
A review of William Kaplan’s A Secret Trial: Brian Mulroney, Stevie Cameron and the Public Trust
- Moguls of Winnipeg (January–February 2009)
A review of Izzy: The Passionate Life and Turbulent Times of Izzy Asper, Canada’s Media Mogul, by Peter C. Newman, and Asper Nation: Canada’s Most Dangerous Media Company, by Marc Edge
- Who Really Destroyed The Twin Towers? (December 2006)
A review of Barrie Zwicker’s Towers of Deception: The Media Cover-Up of 9/11
- Scientist, Activist or TV Star? (June 2006)
A review of David Suzuki: The Autobiography