Contribute to a journal of ideas.
Reviews, Essays, and Art
The Literary Review of Canada wants to hear from prospective writers, photographers, and illustrators. Email us with specific review proposals, essay pitches, or general queries.
While we happily consider unsolicited review topics and essay ideas on a rolling basis, we rarely accept already completed work.
Please no simultaneous submissions.
The Literary Review of Canada publishes unpublished work by emerging and established Canadian poets.
Email your work as a .doc/docx file (and paste it into the body of your message). Individual poems should not exceed fifty lines, including title and blank lines, and submissions should include your full contact information.
Please submit no more than five poems per reading period.
Reading Period for 2023 Poetry: From November 1, 2022, to March 1, 2023. Submissions will only be considered during this period.
Indicate in your subject line whether you are submitting for an open issue or themed issue.
Open Issues (any topic, any form)
- January/February 2022 – submit by November 10, 2022
- May 2023 – submit by February 15, 2023
- July/August 2023 – submit by March 10, 2023
- October 2022 – submit by March 10, 2022
- November 2023 – submit by March 10, 2023
Themed Issues (specify theme in your subject line)
- March 2023 – new collections due out spring 2023 – submit by December 10, 2022, and include publisher name
- April 2023 – by invitation only, in celebration of Poetry Month
- June 2023 – finalists for the Griffin Poetry Prize
- September 2023 – new collections due out fall 2023 – submit by March 1, 2023, and include publisher name
- December 2023 – by invitation only