Andy Lamey teaches philosophy at the University of California at San Diego and is the author of Frontier Justice: The Global Refugee Crisis and What to Do About It (Doubleday Canada). Twitter: @amlamey.
Articles by Andy Lamey
- Anti-appropriation’s capitalist logic (July–August 2018)
Does a stay-in-your-lane approach really benefit traditionally oppressed cultures?
- Is the male libido really to blame? (June 2018)
Sex, power, and #MeToo
- David Frum’s Trump card (January 2018)
What the Critic in Chief doesn’t see about Donald Trump and George W. Bush
- Critical Un-favourite (March 2017)
The irascible, brilliant, greatly underrated John Metcalf, and how we talk about CanLit
- Conflict Averse (October 2016)
Sarah Schulman’s Conflict Is Not Abuse: a fearless view of power, victimhood and the disappearance of personal accountability.
- Arguing for Open Borders (April 2014)
A review of The Ethics of Immigration, by Joseph Carens
- The Politics of Return (March 2012)
A review of No Return, No Refuge: Rites and Rights in Minority Repatriation, by Howard Adelman and Elazar Barkan
- The Thinking Man’s Marxist (June 2010)
A review of Why Not Socialism?, by G.A. Cohen